In today’s fast-paced world, it has become imperative to find out alternative relaxation and entertainment options to vent out the stress and gear up the mood. And that’s how the concept of online gaming has gained popularity among the kids and adults alike. friv games offer an array of free as well as chargeable access to various old, new, role play and many other online games at its store. Video games have often been considered as a dangerous addiction among kids by many parents. But as per the recently conducted study by various universities world over, surprisingly there are multiple benefits of playing video games, especially for kids. You can go through an interesting article in this regards at www.iflscience.com/brain/playing-video-games-good-your-brain-here-s-how/.
Before identifying the correlation between videogames and their effect on the development of kids, we should recognize the interest of our child. And accordingly choose the games suited to their attention, age, and understanding.
You can notice individual skill development in your child. So, of the benefits of playing video games include:
• Enhances creativity: Games requires the player to work on various strategies and approaches to clear a level. Therefore, this develops innovation, creative thinking in kids. Certain games need you to work with colors, patterns, and design. If your kid is taking particular interest in such gameplay, it is an indication of their creative career choice going ahead.
• The game is a more fun way of learning: It is a proven fact that the human mind works more efficiently and absorbs visual and audial communication through reading. Online games provide an excellent platform for the children to learn new things and expand their knowledge base. In fact, many educational organizations are considering using this platform for teaching kids.
• Enhances socialization and interaction level: For the overall development of the personality, developing a social circle is equally important. Online gaming also provides a platform to interact with other like-minded players, do discussions on gaming forums and exchange knowledge. They can make friends for the lifetime on these gaming forums.
• Develops the sense of responsibility and decision making: while gaming the player need to take the particular decision in a second. These decisions may impact their position in the game ahead. This way their decision-making skills improves and they understand the sense of responsibility as to how their actions can affect other factors of life.
• Helps overcome stress and provides a break from the monotonous daily schedule: Like adults, children also get bored with the regular program of going to school, doing homework, studying for an examination, etc. They would require some innovative way to rejuvenate themselves and refresh their minds. Online gaming is an excellent option to stimulate and energize them.
• Improves focus and learn the technique of setting and achieving short-term goals: To succeed in life, everyone should have defined goals and should work hard to meet them. Since in games there is usually an end target point which you need to aim and achieve, this develops a sense of focus and encourages children to set up short-term goals in their personal life also.
It is our responsibility to make right choices for our children, till they get sensible enough to decide for themselves. Hence my keeping a track on the selection of games they play and make them disciplined regarding time schedules followed is very important.